Monday, January 6, 2014

Back again!

Gosh! It seems like almost an eternity since I was on here last, but I guess that happens.
But no matter, because my New Years Resolution is to be better about keeping up with this. It helps me to write and it's a stress reliever so why not?

Anyways, update on life in general... working at McDonald's, thinking about going to college in England, and I am officially ready for track season. However, I'm going to have to wait a while for that last one because there's a wind shield temperature of -40 degrees outside right now. Or at least that's what it was last time I checked. It's so crazy. There's even frost in the southwest corner of my bedroom wall right now.

I'll admit it's not my best picture, but it was taken on a iPod, so it doesn't get much better than that.

Continuing...Anyone seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, yet? It's only fantastic.
Now if you've read the original short story by James Thurber you'll know that no matter which version of the story you're talking about, you know Walter is a daydreamer. Not only is he a daydreamer, but he is constantly being picked on for having his head in the clouds. 

Fun fact: the 1947 version of the movie with Danny Kaye was loved by movie goers everywhere. However, James Thurber hated it so much so he even apologized to his character, Walter, for the movie.

Well, I hope he hasn't turned over in his grave over Ben Stiller's recent release because it honestly stays true to the essence of the character, I think. If you haven't seen it I hope you do. It reminds me, personally, of who I am at heart. I daydream and aspire to greater things than I think are possible, but sometimes those things are possible. We just have to go out and do it.

So I have to go now, but I promise to post some pictures soon of some art I've done in class. Quick comment, it's not my best but that's what classes and practice are for, right? Getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment